Friday, September 10, 2010

Jaime Vendera Interview!! As PROMISED!

Hey everyone!!,
As promised, an interview with Jaime Vendera the HUMAN GLASS SHATTERER!!

I have PERSONALLY witnessed this act while taping him!! Trust me, from what I know AND seen, it's taken him dedication to his craft and art form to create a technique that quite literally goes beyond physics! Seriously, think about that!

Also, as part of my transition to Rock Source 360 and Rock Source Radio, we'll be moving the interview segments to the Rock Source 360 "The Buzz" blog forum. I'll definitely announce upcoming dates here, but don't worry!! We're working out the details to post on "Surf Nightmares" as well! All things in time :-)

So without further delay, Part One of The Jaime Vendera Interview...

1.) Who is "Jaime Vendera," the guy who shatters glass and how did this come about?

"I am just a humble guy who is very passionate about singing. I started a website called The Voice Connection, to connect with other singers and interview great rock singers. One of the singers I interviewed was glass shattering metal singer Jim Gilette. Jim actually taught me to shatter glass and got me the MythBusters gig."



2.) How old were you when the realization came about your passion for music and what did you do as a youngster to pursue it? 

"I seriously was one of those three year olds who performed on the dining room table for all the fam to see. I've always loved singing. And eventually after high school I moved to LA to study voice and continued there on studying everything about voice that I possibly could."


3.) Once you knew there was a fire inside of you, did you pursue formalized training/education and at what age? 

"Well, I sang as much as I could, in school choirs and then started playing in a gigging band at 16 years old. I would literally play Wednesday-Saturday at some venues. There were times I'd play, go home, sleep four hours, get up, go to school, go home, rinse, lather, repeat..."

4.) Where did you receive your formal training and describe what it was like? Is this influencing your current direction?

"I studied at The Musician's Institute in Hollywood California, but I actually feel I learned more from pro singers like Jim Gilette. I would study, apply what I learned to singing and continue to refine it all."


5.) Most musicians attempt the "standard" route to success. They get their instrument, learn it, find some players, and just go for it. Your path to success seems to have taken a different direction. When did you decide that teaching was the best route for you? 

"I never really thought about being a teacher until 1996 when a friend asked me if I could teach him to sing high because he wanted to sing songs by Dream Theater. I had a couple of ideas that helped him and I kept on teaching from that point forward. Ironically, now James Labrie from Dream Theater has studied voice with me:)"



That's it for now and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!!


Be Safe!!!


Cook ;-)~

No comments: